Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options (TACCIMO)
The Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options (TACCIMO) is a Web-based tool that provides land owners, managers, and planners with the most current climate change science available. Developed by Eastern Threat Center researchers in partnership with USDA Forest Service Southern Regional Planning, Land and Resource Management; Southern Regional Cooperative Forestry; and Western Wildland Environmental Threat Assessment Center, the TACCIMO tool:
- compiles climate change projections, literature-based impacts and management options, and Forest Service land and resource management plans in an online database;
- synthesizes these inputs based on user-defined criteria; and
- generates customized reports to aid forest planning and management.
Information generated by TACCIMO can satisfy a range of needs for a variety of users including federal planners and managers as well as state, private, and cooperative forestry stakeholders. Begin exploring TACCIMO, and read the latest TACCIMO news and updates.
TACCIMO includes user guides and training videos as well as a feedback form to guide future development. Demonstration and training webinars are also available for the TACCIMO suite of tools. For more information, please contact:
- Steve McNulty, ecologist and team lead (EFETAC), at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 515-9489
- Emrys Treasure, biological scientist (EFETAC), at email@example.com or (919) 515-9490
- David Meriwether, ecosystem management coordinator (USDA Forest Service Southern Region), firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 347-4663
- Paul Arndt, regional planner (USDA Forest Service Southern Region), email@example.com or (404) 347-4984