First Friday All Climate Change Talks (FFACCTs)
The Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center hosts First Friday All Climate Change Talks (FFACCTs), monthly information sharing forums featuring presentations about research activities focused on climate change impacts to eastern forest ecosystems. Scientists from the USDA Forest Service Northern and Southern Research Stations participate in the 1 1/2 hour web-based meeting on the first Friday of every month. While these calls are research focused, participants internal and external to the Forest Service are encouraged to join the discussion.
View the for details. For additional information, please contact Perdita Spriggs, (828) 230-3292 or email@example.com.
When: first Friday of every month, 11:00 ET
How: Click this link* to join the web-based meeting. For audio, dial 888-844-9904 and enter passcode 9066591#.
Real-time captioning is provided by Caption Colorado. A link and instructions for accessing real-time captions are emailed to FFACCTs participants prior to the meeting. Contact Perdita Spriggs at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list.
*Microsoft Office Live Meeting can be downloaded at no cost here.
Upcoming FFACCTs presentations
May 2: Marla Emery, Northern Research Station, Engaging tribal communities with climate change
- June 6 – Carl Trettin, Southern Research Station, Africa carbon-related partnership activities (Mangroves in Mozambique)
- July 4 – no FFACCTs due to holiday
- August 1 – Kurt Johnsen, Southern Research Station, "Managing Longleaf Pine in Light of Climate Change"
- September 5 – Chris Swanston/Kristen Schmitt, Northern Research Station, Climate Change Resource Center (new features)
- October 3 – “Two Agencies, Two Missions: Sharing Development of Climate Change Tools Across the USDA Forest Service and the National Park Service (this one will have a speaker identified later), Speaker TBD
- November 7 – Keith Nislow, Northern Research Station, Fish and climate change
- December 5 – Michele Schoeneberger, National Agroforestry Center, “Got Trees? Building Climate-Ready Agriculture”
2014 Archived FFACCTs presentations
Apr 04, 2014
presented by Steven Frank, North Carolina State University
Mar 07, 2014
Feb 07, 2014